Friday, September 4, 2020

Small Task Big Impact

I’ve never been a fan of this time of year – the pseudo end of summer, but this year the last week of the season feels even worse. 

For some of us, summer has allowed us to take a breather from COVID-19 by being outside and doing lots of activities. With cooler weather around the corner, the idea of being indoors may remind  you about a project you want to tackle but wonder what’s the point? I get it. 

 

With so many world issues in our face every day, feeling helpless or anxious is normal; which is why taking control of something within your realm can help allay those feelings. 

 

Do you want to refresh your home, carve out a more workable home office now that you won’t be returning to a company space, or just clean out that kitchen cabinet that has been bothering you but keep putting off? Whatever the size of the task, addressing it will make you feel better. 

 

For me, it was a change up in how I organize my cosmetics in my linen closet. I had a selection of baskets, trays, etc. but nothing worked. I couldn’t access an item without knocking over others or having to move things around to reach. 


 I was inspired by a divided Lazy Susan at The Container Store  but didn’t want to spend the money. So I shopped my inventory of organizing items and found an unused  2 tier Lazy Susan I had taken when clearing out my mom’s apartment. It was a snap to put together and in less than an hour, I created a stress less experience that put my items at my fingertips.  Now when I am looking for my moisturizer or aspirin, it’s just a twirl away and no longer  a Rube Goldberg situation. 

 

Any way to minimize stress right now is a big win so why not go for that tiny change with a huge impact! All you need is an imagination and the time to make it happen. 

 

Let me know what’s on your mind and we can devise a plan to bring back the serenity in your life. 

 

 

2020. Rosemary Flannery. All Rights Reserved.  

 

1 comment:

  1. Great blog post with great suggestions
    www.brooklynbestjunkremoval.com

    ReplyDelete