Sunday, August 10, 2014

As I sat down to prepare for my Downsizing for Seniors event at Seabrook in Tinton Falls, NJ on Tuesday, this post popped into my inbox. These are all points that I discuss with my clients and I think it is very relevant to seniors as they downsize and have to face years of emotional and physical baggage. One note I would like to add to Apartment Therapy's list is to be realistic about your expectations. If you are a clutterer but desire to have less stuff in your home, realize that this will be a gradual change through baby steps. If you find it hard to keep your home 'Martha Stewart' perfect, take it down a notch and come up with a plan that works for you. Enlisting a friend or personal organizer with an objective eye is always recommended when you undertake this type of project. Remember it takes 28 days before an action becomes a habit, so be patient. You will achieve the space you desire.


http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/6-ways-you-are-making-staying-organized-harder-than-it-has-to-be-206369

No comments:

Post a Comment