Sunday, May 25, 2014

Tackling Household Tasks

I've been tackling a lot of household tasks over the last few months and sometimes I feel like I have ADD. I start something, get distracted and then take on another task. It is definitely counter-productive until I focus. I think what is making me feel scattered is the fact that I want to get everything done NOW!!

I want to take advantage of the warm sunny weather to clean and paint my doors and furniture. Sometimes my deadline is dictated by my contractor's schedule which actually grounds me. I finally sat down and broke down my tasks room by room in a notebook. Surprisingly, the list wasn't as long as I thought it would be and is quite manageable. Having all my tasks in a central place makes me feel less anxious about getting things done.

How do you focus on accomplishing tasks around your home? Do you follow the ideas outlined in Apartment Therapy? Let me hear from you.

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/7-secrets-to-getting-anything-done-around-the-house-203705


2014. Rosemary Flannery. All Rights Reserved.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I am definitely ADD when it comes to all of the possible chores that need to be done in a house. Lately, I've been trying to select one thing per day -- one drawer, or one section of a closet -- so I can see encouraging results more quickly. Now off to clear out a drawer in the bathroom vanity!

    ReplyDelete